Himalayas are known for its adventure sports and activities in the world
that range from trekking, camping, kayaking, fishing, angling, hand
gliding and many more and is truly a adventurers paradise.
River rafting is also known as the Whitewater rafting which is having extreme thrills on the untamed rivers. The rivers in the upper Himalayas are considered to be the best for the rafting sports and is also quite challenging for the for the people. The river against the rock cuts and crevices and breaking into water rapids, swirling, foaming and also falling with the thunderous din. Nepal and India is having the wide range of rivers that suits to both the beginners and professionals.
The adventure of the River Rafting is not just the fun game but also one has to follow certain safety rule and also has to keep the tips in mind. Few hours of practice for the person can make them a good rafter. The useful tips on white water rafting are as under:
Rafting is the adventure sport that one can even sit and enjoy. The thing which is actually required while rafting is the strength in upper arm and shoulder.
- During summers the best recommended clothing includes wetsuit, life jacket, nylon shorts, tennis shoes/ sandals and also a hat. If in case one is rafting during autumn or springtime one will need some additional clothing.
- One must be ready with the dry bags to keep the personal items during the trip. It is advised not to carry certain things like wallet, car keys and mobile phones during the rafting expedition.
- One must also carry the essentials like sunscreen, sunglasses and camera. There are many such water resistant cameras that are available for this purpose. For the things like pump, cargo nets and patch kit, the travel assistant will provide you with that.
- It is recommended to dress in layers as the person does not face any difficulty in removing or adding the articles. Always dress up in synthetic materials which can include polyester and which will keep our body warm during the rafting trip.
- During the rafting trip one must never forget to carry the necessary medication kit which can include inhalers, bee sting kits, insulin etc.
- One should go for multi day trip to acquire more rafting skills. This way one can acquire the technical skills of rafting and also enjoy the high grade rafting trip during the trip.
Necessary things to carry (for traveling):
- Torch (optional)
- Necessary Medicine (Crocin, Disprine etc.)
- Prescribed Medicine (BP, Diabetes and Asthma)
- Mobile + Charger
- Warm Clothes (Nov to Feb)
- Shoes for trekking
- T- Shirt, Bermuda & Floaters for rafting